September 09, 2008

Meet Ashton Kutcher's Blah Girls


Ashton Kutcher launched a new website today that features an online celebrity gossip show called "Blah, Blah, Blah" hosted by three animated teenagers named Britney, Tiffany, and Krystle. Find out more about Ashton's girls and why he loves making fun stuff for teens...

What is "Blah, Blah, Blah"?
"I would say it's sort of everything you need to know about celebrities with a comedic twist from an insider perspective told through the voice of three teenage animated girls."

Where did you get the idea for the show?
"It was sort of a collaboration. Todd Goldman, who's the animator, [came up with] some really funny looking characters, and I've been driving teenage girls to school for the last four years now, so I hear a lot of these conversations that take place [between teens]. After awhile everything that I was hearing from the back seat just sounded like, 'Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.' Hence, the Blah Girls were born."

I take it these teenage girls you have been driving to school are your wife Demi Moore's daughters Rumer (20), Scout (17), and Tallulah (14)?
"I don't know who they are. I just pick up teenage girls and drive them to school." [Laughs]

Aside from overhearing their conversations, did you go to your stepdaughters for any other advice regarding the program?
"After we animated the first couple of episodes I showed it to them to see if they liked it and they did. I have a really good test audience at home."

Why did you decide to make a celebrity news show for teens?
"My company [Katalyst Media] did 'Punk'd' and then we did 'Beauty and the Geek' the teen brand has always sort of been part of our DNA as a company and I feel like I understand those voices. I don't understand a lot of adults, but I get teenagers. They have like a 'I'm never gonna die attitude' and I sort of have it myself. I think that teenagers are just cooler than everybody else on the planet so I like making stuff for them. One, they appreciate it more, and secondly, they don't lie to you because if they don't like it they are going to let you know. They're just honest. I think that teenagers in particular are starting to become savvy to how sort of overly celeb obsessed things are. So in the show, as you continue to watch, I think you will see a reflection of that in the comedy."
I saw a sneak preview of "Blah, Blah, Blah" and it was pretty edgy.
"It's going to be edgy for sure -- otherwise it's just boring -- but I am monitoring the edge factor. I promise it won't be edgier than 'Punk'd.' I'll bleep all swear words and I won't show naked cartoons. There may be a little bit of violence, but cartoon violence has been around forever. It won't be any more violent than the Looney Tunes were. If I drop an anvil on somebody's head and they're crushed that's not a bad thing, is it?"

Teens are definitely exposed to a lot of things nowadays.
"My girls have shown me stuff that I didn't even know existed. It's all thanks to the interweb!"

As a celebrity yourself, what is your opinion of how the media covers celeb news?
"I think the press takes swipes at people to make money. Some people call themselves press and meanwhile they're not press, they're just entertainment. But they don't want to say that they're entertainment because if they say they're entertainment they have to live by a different set of rules, so that is my take on how the press covers celebrity culture. The Blah Girls, however, are entertainment and that's what they're meant to be. The blog is a little bit more news oriented."

The Blah Girls have a blog, too?
"There is a blog. Our girls follow what teenage girls follow and they blog about it and they talk about it. They can give you relationship advice and fashion advice [as well]. You can ask them questions and they'll give you personalized answers directly on the site. If you're like, 'Hey, should I go out on a date with Billy?' theyll let you know what they think. The girls are very savvy and fun. They don't take anything too seriously and they have a better perspective on the world then you and I do because all they really want to do is meet LiLo."

I heard a rumor that the "Blah Girls" may be coming to television as well.
"I think if people like the Blah Girls and hang out with them on the Internet, then maybe theyll hang out with them on TV. We'll see. Come hang out with us!"

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment