July 17, 2008

David Beckham: 'I Can't Imagine Being Anywhere Else In The World Right Now'

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- David Beckham has thanked Southern California for its outpouring of support following the Beckham family's move to Los Angeles just one year ago.

"My [Galaxy soccer] teammates have been great to me and we have a brilliant set of fans," Beckham blogged on his web site. "I'm thankful to them and to the people of Los Angeles for making my family and I so welcome since we arrived here."

The soccer star said that though his family - wife Victoria, and sons Brooklyn, Romeo and Cruz, have been here for a year, it still feels fresh.

"It seems like only a few weeks ago I arrived in Los Angeles with my family ready for the next chapter in our lives," Beckham wrote. "A year later and we feel so settled here, everyone loves California and everyone has made us feel so welcome. I can't imagine being anywhere else in the world right now."

As widely reported, Beckham moved to the USA with his family to help spread the love of soccer stateside.

Though he suffered injuries this season, while playing with the LA Galaxy, Becks said he is looking forward to being in shape for his second season.


"Last season was a bit stop start for me with the injuries which wasn't helped by the fact that I arrived [partway] through the [Major League Soccer] season, but this year we're playing well and I look forward to every match as well as visiting different cities and stadiums around this amazing country," Beckham wrote.

And he believes his mission is being accomplished.

"You can see a real impact being made across the country, we play in front of big crowds and soccer is now more prominent in the media and more people seem to be aware of the league around the world," he wrote.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment