April 10, 2008

Kylie given mistaken all clear


Kylie Minogue was told she didn't have breast cancer by a doctor when she was actually suffering from the disease.
Today's video is The Godfathers - I Want Everything

The 'Wow' singer has revealed she was initially misdiagnosed when she went for a check-up before she embarked on her 'Showgirl' tour in 2005. She told US talk show host Ellen DeGeneres: "This is an opportunity for me to say something that I have not said before. I was misdiagnosed initially.

"So my message to all of you and everyone at home is, because someone is in a white coat and using big medical instruments doesn't necessarily mean they are right.

"So yeah, I actually did my 'Showgirl' tour having been for a check-up and told everything was fine." Kylie didn't reveal the date of the misdiagnosis, whether it happened in her native Australia or Britain and how long she went before her second doctor's appointment.

The 39-year-old star postponed her tour after she was diagnosed with breast cancer in May 2005. After a long battle, in which she underwent chemotherapy and lost her hair, she was given the all-clear in 2006. However, she recently revealed her battle with cancer will never be over.

She said: "It's not over. The 'voyage' doesn't end suddenly. That's why it's so difficult to talk about it."

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment